Designing for a superyacht companyUsability of products on yachts & recruitment challenges at De Keizer Marine
- Usability improvements for comfort and safety features onboard
- Qualitative research on current developments
- Improvement of the user journeys through the product portfolio
- Conversion rate optimization of recruitment websites
- Creation of De Keizer Design System
- Reports & proposals for issues during the development
- User journeys, empathy maps, flows and processes supporting improvements
- Wireframes & mockups
- High fidelity interfaces based on design system
Tools & Methods
- Qualitative research (surveys, polls, interviewing)
- Usability testing on the spot
- Google Analytics, internally developed software with data
- Crazy Egg
The products are cluttered, the functionalities are not straightforward and in many cases these cause delay in act by the crew.
Comfort features are confusing, there are multiple weak point in the user experience.
Because in many unique orders there’s no consistency in the navigation & on the interfaces.
Growing rapidly, the company needs lots of senior electricians, therefore I’m also challenged to make the HR sites converting.
Simplifying processes and user journeys bring less headaches for the crew. Providing consistency through the product line to help the user to recognise a situation and be able to act faster.
Finding the real difficulties of the users point out the real issues so we can fix them.
Continuous usability testing points out the weak points and what functions are to be improved.
Creation of De Keizer Design system helps to make all products to be scalable.
Alarm, monitoring & safety systems
Simplifying processes and making safety functions close to the hand have key importance. I help the product development team providing reports of my research, constantly improving the usability and interfaces.
Entertainment & control
Usability, accessibility and user experience for audio, video, climate, lighting and security controls. Integration design based on Creston interfaces.
Improvement of the recruitment pages
De Keizer is challenged to find senior electricians constantly. In cooperation with the marketing department I deliver full-scale experience, supporting the recruitment funnel to get people hired.
The project include continuous analytical research, and lots of A/B testing improving the landing pages and application process for both the company and the applicants.